Location: Asheville, NC
Job Type: Full-time
CASE is an SBA-certified Women-Owned (WOSB) and HUBZone Small Business headquartered in Asheville, NC at The Collider, with operations spanning six US time zones (East Coast to Hawaii). We focus on creating impactful, innovative, credible, and globally recognized climate, ecological, social, and environmental science and technology expertise that enables public and private sector organizations to make environmentally intelligent decisions, adapt to changing conditions, anticipate and solve problems, and create lasting economic, social, and ecosystem resilience.
We are seeking a talented and motivated Scientific Programmer I to join our scientific research team. As a Scientific Programmer I, you will be responsible for developing and implementing software solutions to support scientific data analysis, modeling, and simulation tasks. Your programming skills and scientific knowledge will contribute to the advancement of our research initiatives and help solve complex scientific problems. This is an exciting opportunity to work in a collaborative environment and make a meaningful impact on scientific discovery.
· Converts scientific, engineering, and other technical problem formulations to formats that can be processed by computer.
· Resolves symbolic formulations, prepares flowcharts and block diagrams, and encodes resultant equations for processing by applying extensive knowledge of branch of science, engineering, or advanced mathematics, such as differential equations or numerical analysis, and understanding of capabilities and limitations of computer.
· Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
· Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
· Can easily perform a variety of tasks.
Qualifications and Skills:
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, or a related field.
· Strong programming skills in languages such as Python, R, MATLAB, or similar scientific programming languages.
· Solid understanding of scientific principles and methodologies, with the ability to translate scientific concepts into software solutions.
· Experience with data manipulation, analysis, and visualization techniques using libraries such as NumPy, Pandas, or MATLAB toolboxes.
· Knowledge of numerical methods, mathematical modeling, and simulation techniques.
· Familiarity with scientific computing libraries and frameworks, such as SciPy, TensorFlow, or CUDA, for parallel computing and machine learning applications.
· Proficiency in version control systems (e.g., Git) and collaborative development practices.
· Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to think critically and creatively to develop innovative solutions.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work effectively in a collaborative research environment.
· Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize work to meet project deadlines.
· Having a certain degree of creativity and latitude is required.
· Experience in scientific research, data analysis, or computational modeling is desirable.
· Knowledge of software development best practices and familiarity with agile development methodologies is a plus.
· Leadership experience and the ability to mentor staff members is desirable.
CASE is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer focused on attracting, retaining, and cultivating talented professionals with diverse backgrounds and perspectives and a diverse, inclusive workplace in which our employees thrive. We equitably consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information as per https://www.eeoc.gov/poster.
If you require assistance in completing this application, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 828-CLI-MATE (254-6283).
To apply for this position or to learn more please click on the link below to complete our questionnaire and submit your resume.
Contact CASE for full resolution images.
Copyright © 2012 CASE Consultants International - All Rights Reserved.
CASE Consultants International, 1 Haywood Street, Suite 451, Asheville, NC 28801
Powered by GoDaddy Website Builder